Dena massif located on the west part of Iran on the Zagros mountain Range. It is about 80 km chain mountains from the east of Yasuj city to the south east of there. And it’s about 15km wide and has more than 40 summits above 4000m. This massif is between Fars, Isfahan and Kohgiluyeh and Boyer-Ahmad Provinces. Its highest summit is Bijan III (4450m), the most difficult one is Pazan Pir (4280m) which is famous as Iran K2 but The Summit HowzDal (4283m) is the peak which is known as Dena summit. HowzDal can be easily accessed from Sisakht city (35km North West of Yasuj).
Itinerary of Mountain Climbing Package
|Arrival in Shiraz. You will be met and welcome at Shiraz International Airport and transferred to Yasuj city (180km~3hours) and after some rest you will drive to Sisakht city (35km~45mins). (Overnight Sisakht)|
|Early in the morning you will go to the end of Emamhoseyn St which is the beginning of Sisakht Grape gardens and the beginning of Bozkosh valley (start point of trekking), leading to HowazDal Shelter (3700m). From shelter it’s about 2 hours semi steep path to the summit of Dena (4283m).After summiting you will descend to Sisakht. (Overnight Sisakht)|
|In this day you will be transferred to Shiraz and to the airport respectively. But our advice is to spend more days in Iran and benefit from our nearby tour packages like Camping with Nomads or Shiraz city tour.|
- All Transfers
- Portage ( Carring Equipment & Supplies by Beasts)
- Travel Insurance
- Free Visa support
- Professional Mountain Climbing Guide & Driver
- Food Supplies
- Water Supplies
- Camping Facilities (camping tents and sleeping bags)
- Entrance fees
Best climbing months are from mid-May to mid-September.
Recommended Things to Bring
- Warm Wind proof Jacket with Hood (In Cold Months)
- Gloves, Goggles & Warm Hat (In Cold Months)
- Walking socks , comfortable Climbing boots
- Sunscreen, Lip Slave
Any type of Climbing Equipment is on travelers. While in the Mountain, bring as much as you need . In most Iranian Mountains, you have the option to rent beasts to carry your equipment. So bringing your own equipment boosts the performance and enjoyment of your trip .
- Regarding your situation, this tour package can be booked as a standalone tour package or simply, you can combine this tour package to any of our well-designed Iran Tour Packages.
- While in Shiraz there is a good chance to spend one more day visiting the capital city of Iran with our Shiraz City Tour Package.
- This tour package can be extended for professional mountain climbers.